Bhubaneshwar: Department of Horticulture, OUAT, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha
- The centre “All India Coordinated Research Project on Palms” functioning under O.U.A.T was continued at Konark,Puri during 1984 to 2002.
- But the poor soil condition (littoral sand) of the centre at Konark as well as the super cyclonic hit resulting severe damage to the experimental palms during October 1999 paved the way for shifting of research centre of AICRP on Palms from Konark to Bhubaneshwar.
- The centre again restarted at Bhubaneswar in the year 2003 and continuing till date.
- The total area of the present research station is about 17.5 Acres (7.0 ha).
- The soil status of the centre at Bhubaneswar :Loamy sand (textural class), pH (5.83), low in available nitrogen. Phosphorus and potassium.
|Dr. S.C. Sahoo||Scientist (Horticulture)||9437463242|
|Mr. P. K. Jena||Technical Assistant||--|